Well hey there- so glad that you stopped by! I can’t wait to get to know a bit about you. My name is Anastasia and I love to get to know my readers and chat with you all. After all, none of this would have a real purpose if you weren’t here- it would just be me blathering to myself. Pull up a chair and let me grab you some tea or coffee and let’s get to know one another!
PNW Born and Raised
I grew up in a wonderful little family of four. My mother was a Yakima native who met my father while he was working for relatives during his summers. He finally convinced her to go on a date after many tries and promptly scared the daylights out of her by demonstrating “what does that button do?” while driving with her. They dated again several summers later, more successfully this time, and said “I do” shortly afterwards. There are two little monsters who call them Mom and Dad- my older brother and I. In addition to this, Robert is, and will forever be, my honorary brother. As far as most things go, we’re a pretty close knit group and have grown to include two more: my brother’s lovely wife, Amanda, and my ever patient husband, Blake.
Now, this wouldn’t be complete without introducing you to our furry family members as well:
- my mother and I co-own a very sweet, but slightly crazy Australian Shepherd named Xeva
- B and I have…
- a grumpy old man named Traveler
- a noisy little ball of fluff named Kitty (how original, right?) who would rather die than be in a picture,
- and last, but certainly not least, a giant lovebug of a horse named Forrest (he really wants whatever is crinkling in your pockets). You can bet this handsome giant will make some appearances!
- a grumpy old man named Traveler
I have spent the greater portion of my life in the damp, occasionally sunny, and always beautiful western Washington. For a brief four years, I lived in Pullman, WA, and I adore the small town that houses my Alma Mater. Some might find the endless wheat fields and long, boring roads a downside, but nestled in those rolling hills is a true gem. The people are amazingly welcoming and it truly has that small town feel. I’ve never felt at ease in the cities the way that I do in a little rural town!
My husband’s name is Blake, and he is many, many things. This list includes engineer, food taster, book worm, animal lover, an co-adventurer. Our love story has been going for almost a decade, so I won’t bore you with all the details, but here are the best highlights:
- We met at Washington State University (Go Cougs!) in 2008 on the first day of band camp- yeah, cue all the jokes!
- I was entirely oblivious to this handsome guy’s attentions for about 3 months before a dear friend practically clubbed the realization into my head. Kidding! But really, without my adorable curly haired friend, I would have been oblivious for much longer.
- After nearly 8 years, we tied the knot in Leavenworth, WA on July 23, 2016. It was one heck of a party!
He is one of the best partner’s I could have ever asked for- always up for an adventure or a night of Bob’s Burgers and dinner. Together, we call the Pacific Northwest home and enjoy our lives together!
Why I blog…
I have a deep, deep love for writing. Shocker then, that I studied English in college, right? I adore writing and it helps me relax after a busy week of work, horses, and day to day bustle. I won’t ever profess to be a chef, but I do love cooking and I hope to share my creations with you, dear readers! You make my work far more worthwhile than me hording my ideas to myself. I love to learn new skills and to visit new places. B and I will be trying to visit some new places every year and share our experiences with you!
So what now?
Well now, I’ve talked for long enough! What about you, dear reader? Drop me a comment and tell me a little about yourself!